Stacker S4 Industrial 3D Printer
Introducing the all new S4. Fast 4x print speeds. Huge build volume. Multi-part printing. Multi-material printing. From Prototype to Production™ the S4 has you covered.
A few Features and Benefits:
- Print up to four parts at once – 4x print speeds
- Optimized for high tech composite filaments like colorFabb XT-CF20
- Hi-Temp hot end for fast reliable printing over wide range of materials
- Print parts up to 650mm tall (25½”)
- Integrated casters for mobile printing
- Safe to use in any environment
- Industrial duty components
- Made in USA
STACKER S4 INNOVATION
- 4X Faster Print Speeds. STACKER’s “multi-part” printing technology allows you to print up to four copies of the same part, at the same time, in different colors, and with various types of filament. Why print one part when you can get two, three or four parts at the same time? With multi-part printing, it’s like having four 3D printers in one.
- Huge Build Volume. With a single head, S4 can print parts up to 355mm x 525mm x 650mm. The build area is nearly 14″ x 20″ and 26″ tall!
- Removable Print Heads. To maximize the build area, S4 allows you to remove print heads easily.
- Universal Filament Rail. Although STACKER printers are optimized for colorFabb filaments, our universal filament rail accepts any filament on the market. Unlike most commercial printers that gouge you with high priced materials, STACKER will accept market rate filaments, and this keeps your printing costs affordable. Our universal filament rail is designed for easy and fast loading of your filament spools. The “U” channel design fits all popular spool sizes. It is strong enough to support four 2.2kg spools for longer prints.
- Superior Positional Accuracy: S4 uses top quality linear motion components and a precision acme screw to achieve superior positional accuracy and repeatability.
- Industrial Grade Motors. Stepper motors are a key component in any 3D printer. STACKER only uses industrial grade stepper motors from Lin Engineering, the market leader in providing high torque and high performance motors. In fact, their extreme torque motors are 35% more powerful than any other motor we tested, and this helps prevent skips and lost steps. We also have our motors custom wound to our specific RPM, torque, and temperature requirements, and this ensures our motors run efficiently, smoothly, and accurately. There are other far less expensive stepper motors on the market, but none that are better.
- Quick Change Nozzles: Change your nozzle diameter quickly and easily with an S4. All too often, users print everything with one size outlet diameter (often 0.40mm) because it’s just too slow and tedious to change their nozzle. STACKER nozzles can be changed in less than a minute. Why restrict yourself to one nozzle size when you could print faster with an 0.80mm nozzle? Moreover, our nozzles are constructed of a special grade of stainless steel which dramatically improves nozzle life when using composites, like carbon fiber XT-CF20 filament by colorFabb.
- Dual cooling fans. Our compact hot end design includes an integrated cooling fan for the heat sink and a powerful blower for cooling your filament while printing.
- Kinetic and Powerful Design. STACKER doesn’t look like a kitchen appliance because it’s not! STACKERis a productivity machine. There are no false bottoms or plastic panels to hide sloppy wiring and messy electronics. Everything is out in the open for easy accessibility. This makes it easy to modify your new machine to suit your exact needs. STACKER is perfect for use as a development platform or for alternative printing technologies.
STACKER offers a number of benefits over most other commercial 3D printers.
- S4 is affordable
- S4 can print four parts at one time, making it at least 4x faster than most other printers
- S4 accepts hundreds of different filaments in hundreds of colors, including our high tech composites, like carbon fiber
- S4 filament is market priced, not proprietary and overpriced
- S4 has a huge build volume (max print size is 355mm x 525mm x 650mm)
- S4 is optimized to use filaments by colorFabb which are very low odor, highly functional, and safe to use in any environment, a must for busy offices and schools
- S4 has no service contracts
- S4 is highly mobile
- S4 fits into any workplace environment
STACKER was purposely built and priced for tech labs, colleges, busy offices, maker spaces, print/prototype shops, manufacturing plants, and most other kinds of businesses. Now, more professional creators have access to fast, reliable, and affordable 3D printing. From Prototype to Production™ the S4 has you covered.
What makes STACKER industrial grade?
STACKER stands above the rest by providing optimum chassis design, gantry, and high-quality components.
S4 relies upon high strength steel instead of plastic and composite frame parts. Our steel frame construction ensures your S4 will remain accurate for the life of your printer and far less susceptible to seasonal changes in humidity and accidental damage. It also means you can drill a hole into your machine and make other modifications without voiding the warranty or weakening the structural integrity. All of the components are powder coated for durability, and it makes your S4 look amazing!
Here is formula:
(nozzle size) x (layer height) x (print speed) = cubic mm/sec.
So, with an 0.40mm nozzle, we take 0.40mm x 0.20mm x 150mm = 12 cubic mm/sec. If we take a larger 1mm nozzle, 1mm x 0.8 x 25mm we get a volume of 25 cubic mm/sec. As a result, you can see that a larger nozzle printing at a slower print speed will still extrude more cubic mm/sec than the smaller nozzle at a faster print speed. Larger nozzles can be a key to faster prints.
- Type: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Hot end: HYBRID™ by STACKER
- Standard nozzle size: 0.50mm (Includes four 0.50mm Mid Temp nozzles)
- Option nozzle sizes: 0.40, 0.60, 0.80, and 1.00mm
- MAX Temp: 300° C
- MAX X/Y print area one print head printing: 355mm x 525mm (13.98″ x 20.67″)
- MAX X/Y print area two heads printing: 355mm x 240mm (13.98″ x 9.45″)
- MAX X/Y print area three heads printing: 355mm x 143.5mm (13.98″ x 5.56″)
- MAX X/Y print area four heads printing: 355mm x 96mm (13.98″ x 3.78″)
- MAX Z height print area: 650mm (25.59″)
- Layer resolution: 0.1mm to 1mm or 100 micron to 1000 microns
- Positional accuracy for X/Y: 6 microns or .00023″
- Positional accuracy for Z: 4 microns or .00015″
- Real world print accuracy: .0005″ to .002″ (depends largely upon filament diameter consistency)
- Print speed: 10 to 150mm/s
- Travel speed: 0 to 250mm/s
- Build plate: aluminum with BuildTak™
- Print bed: heated, custom PCB, 575 WATT
- Internal Voltage: 24VDC/5VDC
- Controller: STACKER Super Board
- Connectivity: USB and SD card, options for CAT5 and Wireless
- Software Supported: STACKER RUN, Repetier Host, Reptier Server
- Power supplies: (2) Artesyn LCM600Q
- Power supply inputs: (2) 100-240VAC 8.5A
- Power supply output: 27A at 24VDC
- Operating temperature range: 50-100°F (10-38°C)
- Operating Noise: 35 to 60 dB
- STACKER has three print modes: Single-part, Multi-part, and Multi-material
- Single-part Mode: Use one print head to print one part. Basic one-off printing — load it, print it.
- Multi-part Mode: Print multiple copies of the SAME EXACT part. You can choose if you want to print two copies, three copies, or four copies of your part. Each head will performs the exact same movements producing exact copies of whatever head one produces. Because each hot end temperature can be independently adjusted, it is possible to print with different types of filament at one time!
- Multi-material Mode: Print one part with more than one material type. This mode allows you to extrude different materials from more than one hot end onto the same part. Just to be clear, you can only print one part at a time in multi-material mode. Because each hot end temperature can be independently adjusted. you can print a single object with different materials. For example, you could print the main part with head number 1 and print all of the support structure for that part with head number 2.
Physical Printer Specs
- Width: 720mm (28.3″)
- Height: 1100mm (43.3″)
- Depth: 900mm (35.4″) (with filament rail and roll of filament)
- Weight: 68kg (150lbs) (bare machine with no filament)
Shipping Crate Specs
- Crate is Heat Treated (ISPM 15 compliant )
- Length: 876mm (34″)
- Width: 762mm (32″)
- Height: 610mm (54.5″)
- Weight: 154kg (340lbs)